Ben Wilson Senior Center

Another community organization who was a recipient of the Warminster Rotary's annual Charity Ball is the Ben Wilson Senior Center.  Providing Senior Citizens with a large modern activity center where friends may socialize, enjoy activities, trips, and nutritious meals; the Ben Wilson Senior Center is conveniently located just off Street Road (Rt 132) in Warminster between Old York Road (Rt 263) and Easton Road (Rt 611). 

Activities provided include aerobics, art class, bingo, bridge club, crafts, library, line dancing, lunch program, pinochle, pool tables, radio club, stamp club, trips, woodcarving, writers' group and yoga.  Other programs and services include blood pressure screening, blood drives/American Red Cross, food distribution, 55 Alive driving programs, income tax preparation, legal services, meals-on-wheels, RSVP program, and wheelchair/walker equipment loans. 

Membership elgibility:  Minimum age 55, if disabled, under 55.  Also must have a willingness to take a general interest in the Center and attend meetings. 

Nutritious meals are available Monday through Friday at noon.  Over 100 of the Center's members enjoy a noon meal at the Center, with another 200 being served on special occasions.  Members may make a voluntary contribution.  The suggested contribution is $2.00.  Members aged 55-59 are responsible for paying the actual cost of the meal.

The Senior Center features speakers at their monthly General Membership meetings who present educational programs on varied topics of interest to Seniors.  Registered Nurses provide free health assessments, blood pressure checks, as well as diagnostic and treatment referrals.  AARP provides free assistance with  income taxes during February, March and April each year.  An attorney also provides free legal assistance.  A Caseworker is available through the Area on Aging. 

The Center depends on its members to assist with serving meals, delivering meals, helping out with various activities, and serving on committees.  Volunteer opportunities are always available for these vital services. 

The large and modern Dining Hall is available for rental for dances, parties, receptions and other affairs.  The Dining Hall seats over 200, and a modern commercial-grade kitchen is equipped with steam tables, grill, deep-fryer, ovens, refrigeration, ice-making machine and coffee makers.  Convenient and secure parking is available as well as a reception area with seating and coat check.  Rental rates are very reasonable and the income helps support the activities of the Senior Center. 

Warminster Township leases the building to the Center at a nominal charge, and provides essential grounds keeping services.  The Center receives approximately 25% of its operating income from the Area Agency on Aging.  The remaining 75% of operating income must be raised by the members through various fundraising activities. 

The Benjamin H. Wilson Senior Community Center is a not-for-profit corporation, partially funded by the Bucks County Area Agency on Aging and the Pennsylvania State Lottery.  The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all programs and services are offered without regard to race, religion, political affiliation, income level or personal background. 

The Ben Wilson Senior Center is located at 580 Delmont Avenue, Warminster, PA 18974

Telephone: 215-672-8380


Open Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 3:30 pm